Now to start a game of catch up!

So looking at the calendar, I should have 8 short stories done for the 52 Short Stories in 52 weeks challenge by now. I have three- I got stopped at week three. Three. Arg. I’m trying to not be angry at myself because I had a very good reason to stop. I was working on a large custom order for an awesome repeat customer (my shops/custom orders are on hiatus, but awesome=exception) and this took up all of my free time after I got home from work for the past … gosh, month and a half or something like that? I managed to squeeze in the first three stories, but then it just got too much to try to make room for writing, too.

But I’m done that order! (Which I’ll post about at some point in the near future because it came out really cool!) So now I have to decide where I want to go with writing. All during my month off from writing I was itching to get back into my rewrite of book 1, but I also want to continue this challenge even though I lost a full month. I guess I need to decide if I want to do like 48 short stories this year or continue it into next January to reach 52. (In theory I could try to catch up, but I’m notorious for how slow I write.)

Here’s a screenshot of where I should be in terms of the stories. Up to 8 should be done by now.













I have about 4 or 5 in the list of 52 that are crossed out and marked “Wildcard week” because the themes don’t fit in the world I’m writing. I was going to pick something different for those, but maybe what I need to do instead is just skip them. That would take me to about 48 and let me do the ones I was going to write anyway, so losing four of them isn’t a huge deal. I guess? This ended up a huge rambling post, but I think I decided to just toss out the handful I can’t write and end up a few shy of 52 for the year. 

But we’ll see. Maybe I’ll get some huge inspiration some weeks and write two or three stories. I doubt it, but it’s possible! :)

~Meri

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top