Inspiration Strikes!

Oh my gosh, I’ve been trying for over a year to figure out how to fix a short story I started ages ago. I absolutely loved the premise, but after doing a lot of worldbuilding and work on the novels, the story broke. Horribly. As in I had no idea how to salvage any of it. But I loved the idea of a character crossing into an alternate reality- it’s something I’ve always wanted to write and with this character’s magic, it’s possible!

Now I’m staring at the most obvious solution in the world and not understanding why this didn’t occur to me months ago. I could have had this thing done by now! Ah well. I have three days before the “52 short stores in 52 weeks", so I can either start the rewrite now or wait until I reach a theme that fits this. I have a feeling this is going to be a longish short story rather than the ficlets I plan for the challenge, so it might be better to start it now and continue it as I work on other stuff. Maybe I’ll set a goal to have it finished by one of my wildcard weeks or something?

So yeah, just some rambling, but I’m super excited that I just might be able to pull this story off! I'll try to keep this blog updated with what I'm working on and share my finished ficlets. I haven't done any "Dear Character" or "Dear Writer" posts in over a year, either, so maybe I should do some of those. I'm determined to get back into writing after a pretty awful and distracting two months. Short stories are the perfect solution to feeling like I'm actually being productive!

~Meri

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top