Writing update for 1/9-1/15

 

I'm a little behind with posting this writing update, but I'm just excited that I have a writing update! Last week my writing goal was basically "start writing again" and I did that by diving back into my rewrite of book 1 (Colorweaver). I rewrote the first chapter (that's what this excerpt is from) which is great because I've been on the fence about what chapter should be the first chapter. I think I've worked out where/when the story needs to start. Only took me something like five tries, two viewpoints, and four different locations. And watch, I'll change it again.

I also dove into my Dreaded Chapter. This was the only part of the story that remained mostly intact from the first draft and it no longer really fit in the story, but it had a bunch of events in it that needed to happen so I kept trying to make it work. Last week I had enough of the chapter making me grimace every time I looked at it and rewrote it from a different location. I'm still working on it, but for the first time since the first draft, this part of the story feels like it belongs in the story. I'm optimistic.

My goal for this week is simple: do something writing-related for an hour a day, at least three days. I'm hoping to keep making progress with this rewrite, but after being kicked around by December, I'll take any kind of writing! I still have to finish my culture building worksheets, so those are on my to do list, too.

~Meri

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top