2018 Writing Goals

I just realized that I never made a post here for the writing goals I have for 2018. So here they are:

  • My main goal is to finish this current draft of book two. I’m only about six chapters in and I write slowly, plus I write by hand, so that’s probably going to take me to at least summer before it’s done. Someday I'll get faster with writing drafts, but it's probably not going to be this year.
  • Either when that’s finished or if I get bored of that project (I tend to bounce between projects in this series to keep myself motivated), I need to finish typing up the last quarter or so of book one that’s handwritten, but not on the computer yet. This kinda works as an editing stage because I’ll change some things up when I type it. This draft of book 1 is mostly finished, it just needs a little more work on the climactic final battle thing,
  • I’m doing a writing challenge this year where I’m aiming to write a very short story every week or so, so that’s another writing goal. These stories will probably be in the same series because that’s all my writing has been for several years lol. I am hoping to try out things like different POV and other characters, though! These are more likely to average twice a month than once every week.
  • If I end up having time, I would also like to get back into editing an old novella I’m sharing on Wattpad that I haven’t touched since fall. I have a few short stories and novellas that are in various stages of being written that I’d like to finish, too. I also had an idea last year for a comic-type medium, but I’m not sure when or if I’ll get around to that. These things are low on my list, unless I get inspiration for them. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Mostly, though, I want to focus on books one and two and on the short story challenge. As long as I’m writing regularly, that’s really my goal. I want to move forward this year so that maybe by NaNo in 2019 I can start the next trilogy in the series.

~Meri

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top